- This event has passed.
Blame the System Not the Victim: A Panel Discussion
April 27 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Join us for Blame the System Not the Victim: A Panel Discussion to End the Impact of Rape Culture and Sexual Violence in our Communities.
Sexual assault happens in all communities. 1 in 4 women and 1 in 7 men have experienced physical violence by an intimate partner. 118 victims died from sexual assault related incidents in 2017. We need to support victims and raise awareness to bring these statistics down to zero.
We have a powerhouse group of speakers featuring:
- State Senator Maria Collett
- State Senator Katie Muth
- State Senator Tim Kearney
- Erin Milbourne, Victim Services Center of Montgomery County
- Christa Hayburn, Founder of Empower HER Voice Movement
- LaQuisha Anthony, Founder of V.O.I.C.E. (Victory Over Inconceivable Cowardly Experiences Inc.)
Moderated by: Sabrina Schoenborn, Communications Director for the HS Dems of PA